Jesus is Lord»

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friendship with God

This is a excerpt from Todd Bentley's book that just revolutionized me.
The book is The Reality Of The Supernatural World. This is a must read for you saints.

"Friendship with God

Then the Lord showed me that His secrets and His power are for those who have sweet, satisfiying companionship with Him. "The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His signs and wonders ministry: "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you" (John 15:15).
God came down and visited Moses. He would speak to Moses as a friend speaks to a friend, face-to-face. I believe that today, God is calling His people into an intimate friendship with Him, in which He can begin to speak to them in trust, face-to-face. In a restaurant one day I found that I knew things about people whom I'd never met. I knew that a man there was gay. I looked at the waitress and I could feel she had some kind of sickness in her belly. Later in the day on a flight, my spiritual antenna picked up signals and I heard people's thoughts. I prayed,"What do You want me to do with this, God? Tell me who this is for and I'll just tell everybody on the airplane their destiny and lead them all to You."
Then the Lord said to me: "No, Todd, you're My friend and I'm just sharing things with My friend. I don't want you to tell just anybody about what I'm showing you. You don't have to do anything. We have sweet, satisfying companionship togther, and so I'm sharing the secrets of what's going on in My heart, but that doesn't mean you need to tell everybody. Those who are My real friends, I trust and I give them understanding of what I'mdoing in the earth today. I'm going to trust My friends with end-time power in the earth. It's going to be based on intimacy and friendship."
The Father wants us to enter into a friendship with Him so He can just tell us things, like: "I'm going to let you in on what I'm doing right now in the South. An earthquake will shake that area tomorrow--I'm sahring this with you because we're buddies and I trust you." Signs, wonders, and prophetic insights are all going to come through friendship; but it's not just about signs and wonders; it's about intimacy with God. Although the visitation in the hotel room was a profound supernatural encounter, the Father's greatest message to me was that He wanted to be my intimate friend. I believe that as we all enter this place of friendship with Him, the Father will also release us into the fullness of our destiny.
If readign this chapter has imparted a desire to demonstrate the supernatural and a craving for more intimate relationship with God, the next chapter will help you begin to activate this spiritual inheritance that is yours in Christ. "

0 comments: